Thursday, August 9, 2012

Skyrim: Patch 1.7 Review

I'm an Xbox 360 gamer, and as many of you know I am DAMN proud of that. That being said, Patch 1.7 went live for us this morning. Though I was really only focused on one aspect of it: Improved Kinect Voice Support. As you probably read in my earlier Skyrim Revisited post, I was extremely disappointed in the Kinect voice recognition.

After downloading the patch this morning I decided to give it another go, and I'm extremely pleased with the results. While it's still not at 100% I've gone from a 75% failure rate to about a 50% failure rate at my commands being recognized.

This means it's still not a viable game play option, but I like the direction it's headed. Hopefully there will continue to be improvement, and one day I will be able to use these commands as they were originally intended. Then I really can tell all those PS3 players where to stick their analog sticks.

For a full list of the patch updates head on over to Neoseeker. It was the only place where I found a complete list.

No comments:

Post a Comment